Wisbech man is awarded PhD in prestigious ceremony in Sheffield
- Credit: Archant
A talented former pupil of Wisbech Grammar School was awarded his PhD from Professor Lord Robert Winston.
Dr Christopher James Bailey was honoured at the ceremony held at Sheffield City Hall.
Christopher, the eldest son of Ian and Charlotte Bailey and brother of Simon, is a former pupil of Elm Road Primary School and Wisbech Grammar School and has previously studied at Sheffield Hallam for his BA, PGCE and MA.
He now lives in Sheffield with his wife Jess, daughter Ava Juno and their cat Bernard.
Having left the teaching profession after 10 years, Christopher has combined his studies with part-time work for both Sheffield University and Sheffield Hallam University, followed by a year doing research at Leeds University.
You may also want to watch:
On January 2 this year, Christopher took up a permanent position as a lecturer in Education Studies at Sheffield Hallam University.
He was awarded his PhD from life peer and fertility expert, Professor Lord Robert Winston, who is the chancellor of the university.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home