Wisbech man Mitchell Bird remanded in custody until March 27 charged with murder of Bradley Carter of Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man was remanded in custody until March 27 when he appeared at Cambridge Crown Court today (Mon) charged with murder.
Mitchell Bird, 29, of Cox Close, Wisbech, was charged with the murder of Bradley Carter. He has been remanded in custody and will next appear at Cambridge Crown Court on March 27.
No plea was entered.
The murder charge followed an incident in Cox Close, Wisbech, on February 14.
The victim, Bradley Carter, 35, of Spencer Close, West Walton, Norfolk was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kings Lynn but sadly died on February 19.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement by Mr Carter’s family they described him “a kind, loving and helpful son, uncle and father who will be greatly missed by all those who knew him”.
A police spokesman said: “The family would like their wishes respected to be left alone to grieve.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The spokesman offered few details about the background to the murder charge but said that “Mr Bird and Mr Carter were known to each other”.