Wisbech man Mitchell Bird remanded in custody until March 27 charged with murder of Bradley Carter of Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man was remanded in custody until March 27 when he appeared at Cambridge Crown Court today (Mon) charged with murder.
Mitchell Bird, 29, of Cox Close, Wisbech, was charged with the murder of Bradley Carter. He has been remanded in custody and will next appear at Cambridge Crown Court on March 27.
No plea was entered.
The murder charge followed an incident in Cox Close, Wisbech, on February 14.
The victim, Bradley Carter, 35, of Spencer Close, West Walton, Norfolk was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kings Lynn but sadly died on February 19.
In a statement by Mr Carter’s family they described him “a kind, loving and helpful son, uncle and father who will be greatly missed by all those who knew him”.
A police spokesman said: “The family would like their wishes respected to be left alone to grieve.”
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 3 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 4 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 5 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 8 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
The spokesman offered few details about the background to the murder charge but said that “Mr Bird and Mr Carter were known to each other”.