Wisbech murder victim had once attempted suicide, been terrorised by late husband, brutalised by her father and coped after own sister did commit suicide
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN who once attempted suicide and whose own sister did commit suicide has been found murdered in a Wisbech hotel.
Detectives have charged a 48 year-old man with her murder and two counts of rape after paramedics discovered her body on Saturday.
Police were called by the ambulance service to the Hare & Hounds in North Brink at 11.45am following reports of a sudden death.
Officers discovered the body of Virginja Jurkiene, 49, of Oakroyd Crescent, Wisbech.
Dainotas Doblys, 48, of no fixed abode, has been charged with murder and two counts of rape and appeared before King’s Lynn Magistrates’ today and was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Virginja battled with alcoholism during her troubled life.
When she appeared in court four years ago after being caught shoplifting her solicitor described Virginja’s troubled life.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
He said she had been terrorised by her late husband and her sister hung herself five years ago.
Andrew Cogan also told the court that her father was a brutal man and that “what is behind these offences, is an alcohol problem. She cannot remember what she had been doing, because she had been drinking.”
The murder at the Hare & Hounds was referred to in a weekend posting by landlady Jacqui Wadsley to a community Facebook page for Wisbech.
She wrote that “an unfortunate death occurred this morning in a guest room in the hotel.
“My prayers are with the lady’s family right now”.