Wisbech Nissan dealer braces for sales surge after award win
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Wisbech dealership are bracing themselves for a surge of interest in Nissan’s eagerly-awaited all-new NP300 Navara after the model was crowned International Pick-up of the Year 2016.
The team at JS Holmes was already anticipating big things for the model which replaces one of the biggest selling and most successful pick-ups of all time when it arrives in its High Road showroom in January priced from just £20,043 (price excludes VAT).
But the prestigious award, which saw the NP300 Navara beat off stiff competition from the new Mitsubishi L200 and Ford Ranger, is expected to send interest soaring.
After rigorous testing – looking at everything from efficiency and emissions to value for money – the awards judges praised the model for its superior on-road and off-road capabilities, strong engine performance and payload capacity.
The NP300 Navara delivers new levels of crossover-inspired comfort and refinement to the pick-up sector while maintaining its predecessor’s acclaimed off-road prowess, carrying capacity and towing capabilities.
You may also want to watch:
The newcomer offers payload ratings in excess of one tonne right across the range and an impressive towing capacity of 3,500kg. Meanwhile, a first-in-class five-link rear suspension on double cab models delivers unparalleled levels of comfort and refinement.
It also features a wealth of innovative and affordable technology unique to the pick-up market, with smart features such as Around View Monitor (AVM) and Forward Emergency Braking (FEB) – both designed to further improve driveability and practicality – available on certain grades.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
Alex Holmes, sales director at JS Holmes, said: “Winning the International Pick-up of the Year title is a massive honour and no mean feat but we’re not surprised the NP300 Navara claimed the title.
“It’s been designed and developed from the wheels up to be the best pick-up on the market, doing everything a working vehicle needs to do while offering unprecedented levels of comfort and equipment for drivers and passengers.
“It’s an incredible vehicle that’s already generated massive interest among our customers and this award only heightens our expectations for the model.”
He added: “We can’t wait until it arrives in our showroom in January.”