Wisbech opening of inquest into death of 21 year old pedestrian on Cambridgeshire road
AN inquest opened today in Wisbech into the death of a 21 year old girl who died on a Cambridgeshire road earlier this week.
Georgina Bailey, 21, died on Monday after being involved in an accident in Fordham near Newmarket.
Georgina was walking in Isleham Road when she was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Scirroco and suffered serious injuries. She was taken to Addenbroke’s Hospital, Cambridge, but died the following morning.
Tributes have begun on a special Facebook page, an early tribute describing her as “a lovely girl who always had a smile on her face.”
Magpas Helimedix team were called to the emergency at 11:45pm and were flown to the scene by police helicopter in just 15 minutes.
A Magpas spokesman said: “The Helimedix team provided the woman with A&E level care; they anaesthetised her at the roadside and continued to treat her whilst escorting her to hospital by land ambulance.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?