Wisbech opening of inquest into death of 21 year old pedestrian on Cambridgeshire road
AN inquest opened today in Wisbech into the death of a 21 year old girl who died on a Cambridgeshire road earlier this week.
Georgina Bailey, 21, died on Monday after being involved in an accident in Fordham near Newmarket.
Georgina was walking in Isleham Road when she was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Scirroco and suffered serious injuries. She was taken to Addenbroke’s Hospital, Cambridge, but died the following morning.
Tributes have begun on a special Facebook page, an early tribute describing her as “a lovely girl who always had a smile on her face.”
Magpas Helimedix team were called to the emergency at 11:45pm and were flown to the scene by police helicopter in just 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
A Magpas spokesman said: “The Helimedix team provided the woman with A&E level care; they anaesthetised her at the roadside and continued to treat her whilst escorting her to hospital by land ambulance.”
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 6 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 7 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 8 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 9 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 10 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash