Wisbech optical assistant Katie to walk 100 miles for EACH
- Credit: Archant
AN OPTICAL assistant is lacing up her walking boots to raise funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Katie Jolly, from Specsavers Wisbech, will join a group of walkers for the sponsored week-long, 100-mile trek from Bournemouth to Exeter, which starts on Saturday.
Specsavers stores around the region are raising money for the group of hospices, which support families and provide care for children and young people with life-threating conditions.
Katie said: “I am really excited to be raising money for such a worthwhile cause and will be ecstatic if I can raise more than £500.
“It really is one of the biggest challenges I have faced and I am pleased that I have the backing from my colleagues in store.”
You may also want to watch:
Store director Mike Avery said: “Everyone in store is behind Katie’s fund-raising efforts and I encourage everyone to donate a little towards the cause.”
To make a donation, visit Specsavers Wisbech at 9 Market Place.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol