Wisbech Players make £250 donation to playwright Raymond Hopkins’ chosen charity Multiple Sclerosis Research
- Credit: Archant
Playwright Raymond Hopkins took centre stage at the end of the Wisbech Players’ latest production and received a £250 donation on behalf of the Multiple Sclerosis Research charity.
The group performed Love On The Beach, one of his plays, at the Angles Theatre earlier this month, and Ray was invited to the last night.
Ray who lives in Oxfordshire has written 10 farcical comedy plays and donates all the proceeds to Multiple Sclerosis Research.
He started writing when his daughter, now in her 40s, was diagnosed with MS at the age of 19.
He tries to attend as many productions of his plays as possible and said: “The performance by the Wisbech Players was excellent and in fact was one of the best I have seen.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great seeing my characters come to life and I really enjoyed it.”
The five-night run, directed by Chris Smith, was one of the most successful productions in recent years for the Wisbech Players with full or near-full houses throughout the five-night run.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
The Wisbech Players also made a donation of £250 to MS Research.