Wisbech Playground Team wins national award
- Credit: Archant
THE team who run the adventure playground at Waterlees in Wisbech have won the Playwork Team of the Year award at this year’s National Playwork Conference in Eastbourne.
A total of 300 people from play organisations across the country attended the awards, and 60 organisations were nominated across five award categories.
The playground, which opened in 2010, attracted more than 12,000 visitors last year.
Lead playworker Reuben Francis said: “We are over the moon and the whole team feel very honoured to have received the award.
“It is an excellent reflection of the hard work and dedication of the team over the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to thank the children and young people of Wisbech who keep us on our toes at the playground. “Hopefully this accolade will help us to reach more children and young people, schools and groups.”
The playground is looking for corporate sponsorship and charitable support to increase the services they can offer to the community. Call 01223 507127 if you would like to help.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home