Wisbech Post Office to relocate to nearby shop next month
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Post Office will move to a shop 20 metres down the road next month.
The Bridge Street branch will close on March 26, with a new branch opening in Etcetera, York Row, on March 27.
Etcetera is a family-run business and company that was started in 1981, operating a kitchenware and homeware store and cafe in Wisbech.
Opening hours will be extended by five hours every Saturday afternoon and there will be two entrances, one with automatic door, and low-level serving counter.
Roger Gale, Crown Network general manager, said: “We are committed to keeping a Post Office branch in Wisbech and to maintaining the same levels of service for our customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Opening hours at the new location will be 9am-5.30pm Monday to Saturday.
A UKIP-led petition of more than 3,000 signatures was handed in to Cambridgeshire County Council in November urging them to step in to save the relocation of Wisbech Post Office.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Speaking at the time, Councillor Alan Lay said: “It’s ludicrous. Why fix something that’s not broken?
“The King’s Lynn Post Office moved into WHSmith and on Saturdays when it is also busy with shoppers it is chaos in there.”