Wisbech potato manufacturer Lamb Weston named Employer of the Year
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland potato manufacturer has been named Employer of the Year.
Lamb Weston, which employs 200 people at its Weasenham Lane premises in Wisbech, was given the award by Cambridge Regional College (CRC).
Three-quarters of Lamb Weston’s workforce, of which a high proportion are Eastern European, have received training through the college.
Training has ranged from English and Maths qualifications to management and team-leading apprenticeships.
Lamb Weston training manager Darren Sadler, who was presented with the award at the college’s Adult Learning Awards night, said: “I’m delighted to receive the award for Employer of the Year, and am looking forward to continuing to work with the college.
You may also want to watch:
“The employee-teacher relationship that we have with CRC, along with the commitment of our own staff, are just two of the reasons why our employees are already looking forward to continuing their training next year.”
Paul Breheny, Head of English and Maths at CRC, said Lamb Weston was an inspiration to other companies in its recognition of the importance of training.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
He said: “Lamb Weston is a very worthy winner of our Employer of the Year award, demonstrating how much a company can do to help their staff develop through training..
“Good English and Maths is a key skill in all areas of life, and it is never too late to improve.
“We have worked with Lamb Weston for two years, providing training that makes a real difference to employees, and I’m very pleased that we will be continuing the partnership.”