Rock on! Wisbech Rock Festival is slamming success as performers take to the stage
- Credit: Archant
It was a chance to dust off the air guitars, spike up the hair and rock on as the Wisbech Rock Festival pulled in the crowds for a slamming celebration.
The annual event, which took place in Wisbech park, saw performers from across the region turn up the heat on stage as thousands basked in the sun yesterday (August 5).
Bands included I got Spiders, The Mutations, Pretty Ace, Tori Lamour, Mind The Gap and Racey.
Dozens of people took to social media to share photos in the sunshine and praise the event.
One reveller commented: “What a great day Wisbech Rock Festival was. Brilliant crowd and bands – another impressive year.”
You may also want to watch:
There was also an acoustic and dance stage which showcased the area’s musicians and, as with any festival, there were fairground rides, a beer tent, face painting and a variety of stalls.
A spokesperson from Wisbech Town Council, said: “It was a great day, enjoyed by many from the town and hope we have another great year next year!”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Wisbech Lions Club was also present with a special raffle and games and fun.
The event ran from 11am to 8pm.