Rock on! Wisbech Rock Festival is slamming success as performers take to the stage
- Credit: Archant
It was a chance to dust off the air guitars, spike up the hair and rock on as the Wisbech Rock Festival pulled in the crowds for a slamming celebration.
The annual event, which took place in Wisbech park, saw performers from across the region turn up the heat on stage as thousands basked in the sun yesterday (August 5).
Bands included I got Spiders, The Mutations, Pretty Ace, Tori Lamour, Mind The Gap and Racey.
Dozens of people took to social media to share photos in the sunshine and praise the event.
One reveller commented: “What a great day Wisbech Rock Festival was. Brilliant crowd and bands – another impressive year.”
There was also an acoustic and dance stage which showcased the area’s musicians and, as with any festival, there were fairground rides, a beer tent, face painting and a variety of stalls.
A spokesperson from Wisbech Town Council, said: “It was a great day, enjoyed by many from the town and hope we have another great year next year!”
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Wisbech Lions Club was also present with a special raffle and games and fun.
The event ran from 11am to 8pm.