Wisbech’s first Halloween Moon Market hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of Wisbech’s first Halloween evening market have hailed it as a success.
We are Wisbech were the driving force behind the town’s Halloween Moon Market, which attracted hundreds of shoppers and saw 30 stalls trading in the market place.
Stalls sold local produce including preserves and honey, children’s books and toys, and a variety of locally produced craft goods, clothes, jewellery and artwork.
There was also a bouncy castle and slide, tombola and music, while visitors were treated to Fens Falconry’s birds of prey display.
A We Are Wisbech spokesman said: “We are Wisbech was delighted by the response of local businesses and visitors to the town’s first ever Halloween Moon Market.
“It built on experience gained with the first Moon Market last August, as we strive to revive interest in the town’s historic market place.
“Our intention is to have a monthly market from May to October. The more we do the more popular they will become.”
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 4 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
We are Wisbech is a community group celebrating the town’s diversity. For more information go to the We Are Wisbech Facebook page.