Wisbech’s Queen Mary Centre launches website
- Credit: Archant
A website has been launched to promote a Fenland community centre.
The website www.queenmarycentre.co.uk gives information about the wide variety of community rooms, halls, sports hall and smaller meeting rooms available for hire at The Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech.
The centre was due to close earlier this year but after lengthy negotiations a management committee took over in July that includes The Ferry Project, Cambridgeshire County Council and The King’s Church, Wisbech.
Regular activities already taking place at the centre include blood donation, Dance Fit, the CAP Money course, a rock choir and Tae Kwon-Do.
There are also a variety of youth activities run by the Cambridgeshire County Council Youth Support Service including Basketball, Youth Café, Tuesday Youth Group and a music jam-session.
You may also want to watch:
The centre has welcomed international authors and speakers Jeff Lucas and Adrian Plass, and was the venue for Falling Star Wrestling’s successful show.
If you would like to get involved and volunteer please look at the website for more information and contact details.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder