Wisbech’s World and European jetski champion Bushell leaves rivals trailing in his wake to retain British crown
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech’s World and European jetski champion James Bushell has retained his British title.
Bushell, of the 158 racing team, left his rivals trailing in his wake to retain his Runabout GP crown in the British Championships in Doncaster.
He said: “The racing in Doncaster was a great weekend for me and for other British racers as well.
“Personally, I’m really pleased to have retained my title - there was plenty of quality competition, but that just makes me even more determined to stay on top of my game.”
The 28-year-old will head to the US for the World Championships, in Lake Havasu, in a few weeks’ time.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I’ll be racing against the best in the world, so bringing that trophy back to the UK won’t be an easy task, but I’m in good form and feeling pretty confident. I’m going all out to win.”
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused