Wisbech’s young curators putting together exhibition on the history of the town
WISBECH residents were invited to Wisbech and Fenland Museum to talk about the town’s past and future on Saturday.
The Atelier East’s Young Curators Forum heard many stories of Wisbech’s last 100 years when they held interviews for their March 2013 exhibition.
Brandon Mattless, Lead Curator, said: “This interview session went great and our interviewees had lots to tell us. “During the interview we reunited some long lost friends who are now in their 80’s and went to school together.”
The Young Curators Forum got together in November 2011 when a group of young people decided to create a new photographic archive and record peoples stories so the local history could be saved.
The March 2013 exhibition will be held at Wisbech Museum and the touring exhibition which will travel Fenland.
You may also want to watch:
Any venues which would like to host the touring exhibition you can contact the Young Curators at email@example.com
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital