Wisbech salon trials pioneering new Nintendo face training game
They call it the future of health and beauty. “Face Training”, a new Nintendo game which claims to provide the “ultimate natural facelift”, is currently being trialled at a salon near Wisbech.
Not one for orthodox gamers, Face Training offers customers the chance to exercise the eyes, cheeks, nose, mouth, jaw and neck, strengthening the muscles of the face.
The process seems as bizarre as it is beneficial, with customers at Choye par Sharon salon in Gorefield giggling as they watch mirror images of themselves completing a whole host of tongue-twisting exercises.
Used long-term, the game is said to turn back the years. Used short-term it is likely to make you look a bit silly - as I found out on my visit to the salon.
Not a regular visitor to the world of beauty, I watched my own reflection with horror as the virtual instructor made me screw my face up in a series of hideous poses.
You may also want to watch:
This was much to the amusement of salon-owner Sharon, who insisted I was toning various muscles I’d never heard of.
She said: “It certainly is a fun and relaxing game, which is easy to do and is suitable for anyone.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
The game has also drawn praise from the UK’s top facial yoga expert, Danielle Collins.
She said: “We all know the benefits that exercise, massage and relaxation has on the body. The muscles in the face need similar treatment to those in the body.
“Face Training on the DS is the ultimate natural facelift and after just a few weeks, you will see the benefits inside and out.”
I will wait patiently to see the benefits of my brief flirt with facial yoga.
The exercises are bound to make you laugh at first, but with the aim of reducing wrinkles and restoring facial youthfulness it’s a definite option for Mum’s Christmas stocking.