Wisbech Second World War veteran has medals stolen
- Credit: Archant
A 94 year-old Second World War veteran has had his war medals stolen.
Alfred Wilkins’ set of full-sized campaign medals were stolen from his Wisbech home while he has been in hospital.
His family is offering a £100 reward for their safe return.
His son, Paul Wilkins, said: “While these have little worth in themselves, they are greatly valued by my dad and by the family.
“Because of this, between us I and my daughter Claire are prepared to offer £100 for their safe return.
You may also want to watch:
“This greatly exceeds their value and we hope we may get the medals back before the old chap knows they have been stolen.”
If you have any information e-mail Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man found dead in March