Wisbech shoppers offered discounts with launch of a new loyalty card scheme
- Credit: Archant
The new Wisbech loyalty scheme that offers discounts to shoppers will be officially launched by the town’s Mayor Councillor Samantha Hoy, on Thursday October 31.
A promotional stall will be setup on the town’s Market Place from 11am, where shoppers can pick up their free loyalty card and businesses can join the scheme.
All types of businesses in Wisbech can get involved in the initiative including local tradesmen and those offering professional services. The initiative has already attracted support from many town centre retailers, including Bon Marche, which will offer card holders a 10% discount off full priced items with a minimum spend of £20.
The scheme, aimed at boosting the town centre, is being funded by the Horsefair Shopping Centre, Wisbech Town Council and Fenland District Council and is fully supported by the Wisbech and District Chamber of Commerce. Retailers can join for free.
Health and speciality food retailer Brian Hardy Ltd, which has traded in Wisbech for 52 years, has also joined the scheme, owner, Mrs Hardy said: “Anything that can regenerate this lovely old town and encourage shoppers to visit us has got to be good. We have to do something to help boost retail in Wisbech.”
You may also want to watch:
Other retailers that have signed up include: Trespass, All About You, GW Frank, the Kodak Store, Dean’s Barbers and the Digital Phone Company.
Horsefair manager and one of the sponsors of the scheme, Kevin Smith, said: “We are very excited about the launch. The Wisbech Loyalty Scheme is a brilliant initiative to be involved in and we are delighted it has been welcomed by so many retailers. People living in and around Wisbech will benefit enormously from all the exclusive discounts on offer to them.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
From November 1, shoppers will be able to pick up their loyalty card from a number of outlets, including the Kodak Store in the Horsefair Shopping Centre, Wisbech Information Centre, and Wisbech library.