Wisbech should be proud of wonderful Rose Fair
- Credit: Archant
I just want to say what a wonderful event the Rose Fair was - the drummers at the beginning, the floats that many put time and effort into or those who gave time to the displays.
I think the ‘right’ floats won first and second though I did, as a person should, feel a great deal of pride when the Royal British Legion float came by.
I think all those who offered help, took part or donated to the floats in any way should be very proud of themselves (even I offered to lift the Meadowgate float on and was told I wasn’t needed).
It speaks volumes about Wisbech that this is a successful event that has done well every year and is known up and down the country.
I hope the community is looking forward to the events in August: Picnic in the Park (First World War commemoration) on the 3rd and the Rock Festival on the 10th at Wisbech Park.
There is more good stuff happening which some shops in the market place have a leaflet about (Cats Pyjamas, most charity shops for example).
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat