Wisbech should be proud of wonderful Rose Fair
- Credit: Archant
I just want to say what a wonderful event the Rose Fair was - the drummers at the beginning, the floats that many put time and effort into or those who gave time to the displays.
I think the ‘right’ floats won first and second though I did, as a person should, feel a great deal of pride when the Royal British Legion float came by.
I think all those who offered help, took part or donated to the floats in any way should be very proud of themselves (even I offered to lift the Meadowgate float on and was told I wasn’t needed).
It speaks volumes about Wisbech that this is a successful event that has done well every year and is known up and down the country.
I hope the community is looking forward to the events in August: Picnic in the Park (First World War commemoration) on the 3rd and the Rock Festival on the 10th at Wisbech Park.
You may also want to watch:
There is more good stuff happening which some shops in the market place have a leaflet about (Cats Pyjamas, most charity shops for example).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital