Nikki prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling daughter-in-law
- Credit: Credit: Tina Rust
A woman whose daughter-in-law is battling cancer will be braving the shave on Friday (October 15) for “a special lady”.
Nikki Jarvis, who is a member of the Wisbech Slimming World group, will lose her hair for her daughter-in-law Amie, who has been battling breast cancer since July this year.
“Since the first moment she received this devastating news, she has not complained even though chemotherapy has made her feel really poorly.” said Nikki.
Nikki will have her hair shaved off for Macmillan at The Secret Garden touring park in Wisbech at 7pm.
There will be raffle tickets on sale, cake stalls and guess the teddy bear’s name.
You may also want to watch:
Members from Tina Rust’s Wisbech and Terrington Slimming World groups have kindly been donating their loose change, raising £276.
“My brave the shave is my small but heartfelt way of letting Amie know what an inspiration she is to me and to show our support for a worthwhile charity.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash