Wisbech snooker club wants to open to non members
- Credit: Archant
The fate of a Wisbech snooker club, which wants to open its doors to non members and open until 2am at weekends, will be decided in a meeting next week.
H20, which has “changed hands several times and has also changed its name” will be considered by a licensing panel on Monday.
Fenland Council licensing committee will review the Chapel Road premises, which at various times has run “party nights” and “rave nights” says Cambs Police.
Evidence from police at a previous hearing has focused on a visit by officers on February 28 when “both male and female toilets gave positive cocaine swipes”.
Applicant Darren McCarthy, H20 director, wants to change the entry rules so that he can allow non members into the premises.
He also wants to extend licensing from 1.30am to 2am on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays and allow under 16s to become members provided they are accompanied by an adult .
He wants to remove a condition that requires a sign in register for all guests on the premises, and remove a condition that says any behaviour in breach of the licensing objectives will result in revocation of membership.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
The club is a two storey building off Chapel road with a downstairs cellar. The top storey is a snooker room, bar and function room, lounge and kitchen.