Wisbech snooker club wants to open to non members
- Credit: Archant
The fate of a Wisbech snooker club, which wants to open its doors to non members and open until 2am at weekends, will be decided in a meeting next week.
H20, which has “changed hands several times and has also changed its name” will be considered by a licensing panel on Monday.
Fenland Council licensing committee will review the Chapel Road premises, which at various times has run “party nights” and “rave nights” says Cambs Police.
Evidence from police at a previous hearing has focused on a visit by officers on February 28 when “both male and female toilets gave positive cocaine swipes”.
Applicant Darren McCarthy, H20 director, wants to change the entry rules so that he can allow non members into the premises.
You may also want to watch:
He also wants to extend licensing from 1.30am to 2am on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays and allow under 16s to become members provided they are accompanied by an adult .
He wants to remove a condition that requires a sign in register for all guests on the premises, and remove a condition that says any behaviour in breach of the licensing objectives will result in revocation of membership.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The club is a two storey building off Chapel road with a downstairs cellar. The top storey is a snooker room, bar and function room, lounge and kitchen.