Wisbech St Mary childminder is top of the tots
- Credit: Archant
A childminder in Wisbech St Mary is celebrating after being given a rating of outstanding by watchdog body Ofsted.
Sarah Barnes, who has been childminding youngsters from her Station Drive home, for around six years, said: “I love kids and being around them.
“To have a bond with the child in this work is really important. It is also important to help, not just them settle, but also make the parent feel happy and reassured that their little one is happy.”
Mother of two Mrs Barnes said her childminding style focused around a family-friendly environment with plenty of activities like walking, baking and art projects.
Ofsted visited her home in March and has just released the results of her inspection which show she has moved up from a “good” provider to “outstanding”.
You may also want to watch:
Her two children Chloe, 11, and Ryan, eight, both attend the village primary school.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor