Wisbech St Mary crash victim named
- Credit: Archant
A MAN who died in a crash in Wisbech St Mary yesterday evening has been named by police.
John Bedford, 46, of Wisbech Road, Welney, died at the scene after the Volkswagen Golf he was driving left High Road, between Black Drove and Willock Lane, at about 4pm.
His passengers, a 10-year-old boy and a 72-year-old man, both from Welney, were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn, suffering slight injuries.
An East of England Ambulance service spokesman said: “We received a call at 4.02pm and attended alongside an East of England Air Ambulance.
“A single car left the road. First aid was given to the man at the scene but despite the best efforts of the crew and everyone who helped he was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“The young boy was in shock and was taken with the other passenger to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.”
Sgt Gareth Williams, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision, or the vehicle prior to it, to call police.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
Anyone with any information should call The Roads Policing Unit on 101.