Wisbech student comes second in national fitness instructor competition
- Credit: Archant
AN aspiring fitness instructor from Wisbech came second in a national competition.
College of West Anglia student Phill Lant, 19, took part in the national finals of the British Colleges Sport National Fitness Instructor competition at St George’s Park, home of the England football team’s new training complex.
He finished only 1.5 points behind the winner and just missed out on some great prizes including a work placement with the FA’s medical team at St George’s Park.
Phil said: “It was an amazing experience and the gym at St George’s is phenomenal, I’m just disappointed I didn’t win but will always remember the experience and hope to move into a career as a fitness instructor soon.”
Phill qualified for the national final by winning the East Region competition in January.
You may also want to watch:
Tommy Goode, programme manager for Sport, said: “We are very proud of Phill. He has exceeded all expectations and worked unbelievably hard to achieve this; he even came and asked for more assessments to refine his skills ready for the competition.
“Phill is one of a group who have developed into good fitness instructors this year and we have high hopes he will move into his chosen career once he finishes his college course.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire