Wisbech student is one of youngest in the country to earn a falconry award
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School pupil Thomas Fox has become one of the youngest people in the country to earn a nationally recognised qualification in falconry.
The Year six pupil passed a gruelling assessment that took five and a half hours.
The test is usually undertaken by adults.
Assessor Derek Hartsthorne said: “It has been my pleasure to work with Thomas on this award, he has excelled in all aspects of his performance.
“As part of the assessment process, Thomas has produced an excellent and extensive portfolio of evidence, and been subjected to several tests of his handling skills, which he passed with ease.”
You may also want to watch:
Thomas has already been putting his qualification into practice having recently attended the East Anglian Game Fair where he helped in a falconry demonstration.
Thomas is currently in the process of building his own aviary as he awaits the arrival of his own bird - a large Asian wood owl.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire