Wisbech student poster award winner enjoys day at charity headquarters
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH student was invited to UNICEF UK Headquarters after designing a poster template and handout for The North & West Norfolk supporters group.
Brandon Mattless, 17, from Wisbech, who studies graphic design at the College of West Anglia, was invited to the charity’s base to take part in a training day designed for all UNICEF supporting groups.
He met members from across the country and presented his poster designs.
He said: “It was a really enjoyable day and it was good to meet all the different people involved who help such a great cause.
“I walked away with knowledge I think everyone should have about leading charities and the work they do.
You may also want to watch:
“There are many people living in different countries with the deprivation of food, water and love, who are in desperate need of help.
“I learnt today that every child has rights and I think everyone should do all they can to help.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Jane Goodwin, course director said, “The North & West Norfolk Supporters Group, who recently raised £28,000 for UNICEF projects, contacted the principal asking for help with their publicity.
“We offered the challenge to our second year graphic design students as a live brief and Brandon’s designs were chosen. Brandon has been brilliant.
“We had a fantastic day and following his presentation, other groups have asked to use the templates too. The invitation to UNICEF HQ was an unexpected delight and one that we shall both remember.”