Wisbech student triumphs at National Construction College Awards
STUDENT Callum Brooks has fought off strong competition to be crowned as a winner in the National Construction College Awards.
The 17-year-old, from Wisbech, triumphed in the Eco Operator (Plant) category at the awards ceremony in Norfolk.
Callum, who works for Brooks Services UK Ltd, based in Emneth, was one of 50 nominees commended for their outstanding efforts in 20 categories including flooring and highways maintenance.
He said: “Being nominated for an award was great – but to actually win one in my category was a real surprise.
“It’s a great reward for the work I’ve done and I’d like to thank the training staff at the NCC for the help they have given me and the other apprentices.”
You may also want to watch:
Andy Walder, director of the construction college, said: “The NCC Awards are a great way to celebrate the achievements of young apprentices in our industry. We are extremely proud of everyone who was nominated or who won an award at this year’s events.
“The NCC has been an essential catalyst for delivering the skills for growth the construction industry needs. These awards have allowed the NCC to showcase the young talent it helps to deliver on a regular basis – bringing vital fresh blood to the construction industry.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens