Wisbech students have got the bug to renovate a beetle
A big thank you has been sent out by the Meadowgate School motor vehicle department after a VW beetle was donated for the students to work on this year.
Andrew Conner from Fenland Breakers in March donated the car to the Wisbech school.
Tutor Alan Ruff hopes to use it for an exciting student project by turning it into a track day car which would be a resource the whole school could benefit from.
The final year students on the motor vehicle technology course will be responsible for the transformation of the Beetle from a non runner into a shiny track day car.
Mr Ruff said: “The students can’t wait to get started and the motor running!”
You may also want to watch:
He hopes that local businesses will be willing to support this venture in return for extensive promotional opportunities on the Beetle itself.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man found dead in March