Wisbech students commended for their hardwork at celebratory awards evening in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Six Wisbech students were commended for their outstanding academic and personal achievements at a celebratory awards evening.
Students from the College of West Anglia (CWA) were recognised for their dedication and success across a number of subject areas.
But the evening was not solely to recognise high-flying academics - additional awards were presented for personal accomplishments and contributions to the community.
Ella Northrop, Charlie Rose, Natasha Morgan, Lily Waters and Gemma Dodd were nominated in various categories for foundation studies, technology and serving the community.
Lily Waters won the award for outstanding progress in English or Maths and Lee Bisanz won the foundation studies category.
You may also want to watch:
Millie Stevens, from King’s Lynn, was announced as overall Student of the Year 2018.
CWA principal David Pomfret opened the evening with a review of the academic year, speaking about cross-campus triumphs, success stories and achievements.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
Head of marketing and student services, Paul O’Shea, hosted the evening, which was held at the King’s Lynn Alive Corn Exchange on Wednesday (June 20).