Wisbech supermarket does its bit to help greyhounds find new homes
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH supermarket joined forces with the Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust to raise £250 for the charity at the weekend.
The Asda store in North End, Wisbech, held a collection in support of the LGT, which finds new homes for retired racing greyhounds.
LGT chairman Kevin Stow said: “We have no other funding and rely only on the donations that we receive so the generous sum they raised at Asda will be much needed.
“The Asda staff have been very supportive and helpful and we would like to return in the summer when the weather is nicer.”
The trust has about 25 greyhounds in need of a loving home and Mr Stow said the weekend’s efforts were already reaping dividends.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “A family in March is looking into taking on a greyhound this week, which is just the result we want.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man found dead in March