Wisbech tattoo studio celebrates 10th anniversary by raising £1,000 for hospital
- Credit: Archant
A WISBECH tattoo shop has raised £1,000 for King’s Lynn Hospital.
Staff from New Image Tattoo Studio organised a party to celebrate the shop’s 10th anniversary and donated the proceeds to the hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. (NICU).
The tattoo studio’s owner Paul Dennis and shop manager Kat Dennick presented a cheque to staff from the hospital at Elme Hall.
Ms Dennick said: “We just thought it was a really good cause and wanted to support something local rather than national.
“We threw a party to celebrate our 10th anniversary and decided at the same time to try and raise money for charity so we held a raffle, offered days with our tattoo artists and local businesses donated prices as well.
You may also want to watch:
“We said at the beginning we wanted to raise as much as possible but that reaching £1,000 would be amazing.
“We came so close to hitting our target but were £50 short so we decided to make an appeal on Facebook and people started coming into our shop to donate five or ten pound notes.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
Thanks to their generosity we made it.”