Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Staff at Wisbech Tesco Extra are self-isolating after being contacted by the NHS track and trace service.
Twelve members of staff at the store in Cromwell Road are currently unable to be at work.
A Tesco spokesperson said: “A number of colleagues at our Wisbech store are isolating after being contacted via track and trace.
“The safety of our colleagues, customers and suppliers remains our number one priority and we continue to work with local public health authorities, following all government guidance and taking the relevant precautions.
“We have extensive measures across all of our stores to help keep everyone safe, including protective screens at every checkout, social distancing signage and regular cleaning.”
The news comes as a secondary school in March closed on the last day of term today (Wednesday) because a number of its staff had also been contacted to self-isolate.
You may also want to watch:
Students at Neale Wade Academy returned to online learning for the day.
The school was still able to accommodate vulnerable children and those of keyworkers.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director