Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Staff at Wisbech Tesco Extra are self-isolating after being contacted by the NHS track and trace service.
Twelve members of staff at the store in Cromwell Road are currently unable to be at work.
A Tesco spokesperson said: “A number of colleagues at our Wisbech store are isolating after being contacted via track and trace.
“The safety of our colleagues, customers and suppliers remains our number one priority and we continue to work with local public health authorities, following all government guidance and taking the relevant precautions.
“We have extensive measures across all of our stores to help keep everyone safe, including protective screens at every checkout, social distancing signage and regular cleaning.”
The news comes as a secondary school in March closed on the last day of term today (Wednesday) because a number of its staff had also been contacted to self-isolate.
You may also want to watch:
Students at Neale Wade Academy returned to online learning for the day.
The school was still able to accommodate vulnerable children and those of keyworkers.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors