Wisbech theatre group stalwart awarded life membership for her dedication
- Credit: Archant
A theatre group stalwart has been given life membership in recognition of her long standing service.
Ann Shippey was presented with a certificate by The Wisbech Players chairman Gordon Ringrose at its AGM, which was held at Mendi’s.
The 69 year-old has been a member of the Wisbech Players for more than 25 years - appearing in numerous productions and serving on the committee.
Mrs Shippey, who has organised numerous patron evenings, is retiring from the committee.
At the meeting, Mavis Russell presented the President’s Cup to David Lewis for his contribution to the society last year.
You may also want to watch:
The award winning society, whose recent productions include “Are You Being Served” and “Tartuffe”, celebrates its 60th birthday this year.
The group will perform Sir Alan Ayckbourn’s “Neighbourhood Watch” in the Spring and later this year will commemorate the centenary of the First World War with a production of R C Sheriff’s “Journey’s End”.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire