Wisbech town councillor - and landlord of three local pubs - arrested on suspicion of affray
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech town councillor – and landlord of three town pubs- has been arrested on suspicion of affray after an incident in the early hours at the Angel Inn.
Aigars Balsevics was arrested after police were called to the Alexandra Road pub shortly after 2am last Saturday.
Up to 20 people were involved in the incident and following police attendance, Cllr Balsevics was arrested.
He has been bailed to appear at King’s Lynn police station on January 18.
Cllr Balsevics had spent the previous evening in March at the NE Cambs Conservative Ball at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel
You may also want to watch:
He is a recent member of Wisbech Town Council, having won the Staithe Ward by-election for Wisbech Town Council in August after the previous councillor resigned.
In the May elections Cllr Balsevics was an unsuccessful candidate in the Waterlees ward for Fenland Council.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Cllr Balsevics moved to England 10 years ago. He can speak four languages including fluent English and is acknowledged as being a leading figure in helping Eastern Europeans integrate into the town.
He is landlord of the Three Tuns, the King’s Head and The Angel.