Wisbech Town postpone Sunday’s ‘Goalbound’ fun day due to wet weather
WISBECH Town’s ‘Goalbound’ fun day has been postponed due to the wet weather.
The event, held in memory of loyal Fenmen fan Denis Harris, was due to take place on Sunday at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
But with the pitches waterlogged, and the forecast predicting heavy rain and wind, the club have decided to postpone it.
Organiser John Keith said on the club’s forum: “We regret that due to the weather conditions, the supporters club committee have decided to cancel the Goalbound family fun day for this Sunday.
“The pitches are already waterlogged and the forecast for Sunday is even heavier rain and wind, which would deter the majority of potential visitors, and certainly a lot of attractions such as the classic cars and bouncy castles.
You may also want to watch:
“We will try to re-arrange the event but for now, this is the only sensible option.
“The supporters club would like to thank all who have put in time and effort to make it happen, and to Snips and ‘the club’ for their support in trying to get the event to take place.
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
“Ultimately, we have no control over the weather.”