Wisbech Town Team summit for clubs and societies “exceeded all expectations.”
MORE than 65 delegates from Fenland clubs, groups and societies attended a successful and lively summit meeting hosted by the Wisbech Town Team at The Boathouse.
The Town Team - which has twice failed to attract funding from the government’s Portas Pilots scheme - is continuing to press forward to bring positive change to the town.
Acting chairman of the Town Team, Sara Kedge, said: “The meeting exceeded all expectations. Everyone I spoke with at the end of the event said
they were leaving with at least one new piece of information, and a connection with another organisation that they didn’t have before.”
The event included a series of talks, including a live demonstration of the ShapeYourPlace.org website. There was also some lively debate following questions posed by visiting delegates.
You may also want to watch:
Sara added: “Thee idea of the evening was to bring local organisations together – possibly for the first time – forging links and discovering the potential for mutual support in the future. The Town Team is now exploring possibilities to build on the success of the event.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens