Wisbech Town under-18s side disbanded after string of controversies saw club handed big fines
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have decided to disband their controversy plagued under-18s side.
The club has decided against entering next season’s Thurlow Nunn Youth League.
Last season’s campaign was marred by inappropriate crowd behaviour at games which landed the club with hundreds of pounds of fines.
The club was also fined for being unable to field a side in a Thurlow Nunn Youth Cup tie at Royston, which saw them barred from competing in that cup competition in 2014-15.
A club spokesman said: “Supporters should be aware this decision was not taken lightly and the situation will be looked at again in due course.
You may also want to watch:
“The club would like to thank joint-managers Mark Norris and Max Mattless for their efforts while involved with the under-18s and wish them well in their future endeavours.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire