Wisbech war memorial should be displayed in the museum
I am glad that Wisbech Town Council are looking for suggestions as to what should be done with the Wisbech Post Office war memorial as it’s important that these memorials are safeguarded for the future and don’t become destroyed, damaged or lost.
I believe it should be displayed in the town museum as the ideal way to ensure it is kept safe for future generations.
A photographic copy should then be displayed in Etcetera when the shop opens as the Post Office.
The memorial is one of 102 in the Fens area, which I know, as in the 90s I led a small team of civil engineers working on behalf on the Imperial War Museum to locate and record every war memorial in Fenland.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 10 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis