Wisden cricketer of the year Charlotte Edwards coming to Warboys with England team for charity game
- Credit: Archant
An Ashes winning captain and only the second woman in history to be named as one of Wisden’s Cricketers of the Year is bringing a team of England cricketers to Warboys for a charity game.
Charlotte Edwards and her team will take part in a match at Warboys Cricket Club on September 14 which will raise funds for the club’s new pavilion and charity Chance to Shine.
The ladies will be at the ground from noon onwards, with the game starting at 2pm.
Edwards, 34, has won five Ashes series, the World Cup and the World Twenty20 in an 18-year international career.
She has won 277 international caps - 21 Tests, 178 one-day internationals and 78 Twenty20 internationals - a women’s cricket record.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which cost £5, will be on sale shortly through any member of Warboys Cricket Club and local shops and businesses.
On the day, as well as the cricket, there will be raffles, auctions, barbecues and bouncy castles.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
There will also be a VIP tent - if you are interested in a table e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to sponsor the event, contact Ryan Humphrey at email@example.com.