With Fronds like these who needs anenomes - chorister agrees to have his foliage pruned during a fund raising plant sale
CHORISTER Ed Palmer waxed lyrical for charity when he branched out into a whole new experience by agreeing to have his chest waxed during a fund raising plant sale.
Ed, who sings in St Peter’s choir agreed to have his own foliage pruned during the plant sale held at the town centre church.
The chest wax raised around £200 which was added to the total money pot of more than £850 for St Peter’s and St Mary’s churches.
“I usually sing but today I sting,” said Ed after bravely suffering the ordeal at the hands of friends Kath Sansom and Tanya Roberts.
Organised by parishioners Paul Roberts and Peter Whitcombe, the plant sale attracted a steady flow of visitors who shopped for a wide range of plants and flowers, from gardening staples such as spring daffodils to the more unusual including chilli plants.
You may also want to watch:
Helping to boost the fund raising total was a bacon butty stall, a raffle to win a garden and refreshments.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend