With this nose I thee wed: Couple tie the knot not knowing it was also Comic Relief Day
- Credit: Archant
A MARCH COUPLE made their vows then made their way to the reception wearing red noses when they tied the knot on Comic Relief Day.
Teresa May Barnes and Steven Baxter booked their wedding date at Christmas with no idea that it coincided with Britain’s biggest comedy fund raising day.
Mr Baxter, 46, said: “We sent out our invites and one of our guests realised it was Red Nose Day.
“We didn’t want to change it though, it’s all a bit of a laugh, so we left it as it was.
“Everybody entered into the spirit of fun, I’m just not sure if it was the red nose spirit or more the spirit of having a good time at a wedding!”
You may also want to watch:
The pair, of Collingwood Avenue, tied the knot at March Register Office followed by a reception at the GER club.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend