Witnesses saw bricks blown from the end gable of a property in Chatteris and smash on to two cars below in Storm Doris
- Credit: Archant
Eye witnesses described watching part of a block of flats blown away by Storm Doris in Chatteris yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
Bricks from the top of flats in Old Station Place with both fire and police attending the incident.
One neighbour posted on the Policing March and Chatteris Facebook page: “I watched it go down, still can’t believe what I saw. Hope the residents get back in to their homes soon. It was crazy, just glad nobody was hurt.”
And another said: “I got to watch it too as it fell in front of my window.”
The bricks at the end gable of the property smashed down on to two cars below - a blue mini and a green Mazda.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at about mid day.
A Sanctuary Housing spokesman said: “We are working with officers from Cambridgeshire Police to ensure the safety of residents at Old Station Place. Surveyors and contractors are on their way to the property to carry out safety checks and assess the damage.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years