‘Wolfie’ Adams and Joe Perry help raise �2k at Fenland pool charity marathon
DARTS legend Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams and snooker star Joe Perry helped raise more than �2,000 at a charity 24-hour pool marathon in Fenland on Saturday.
Keen challengers flocked to March Royal British Legion Club and made donations to compete against Adams and Perry. Fen Potter, Perry, from Chatteris, even tasted defeat against Andy Harvey as he swapped the snooker table for an afternoon of eight-ball action.
Adams, current BDO World Champion, was unbeaten on the oche but also played pool to help raise further funds for Help for Heroes and the legion club in West End, March.
The day was organised by Karl Wales, Gary Brinn and the rest of the legion’s pool teams players.
Paul Larham, a legion team member, said: “Both Joe and Martin were very friendly, very open and enjoyed the challenge while having a laugh at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
“I played ‘Wolfie’ Adams at pool and I must say he’s better on the oche than he is at the pool table. However, it was a great experience helped by the fact that both Perry and him are so down to earth.
“Andy Harvey was over the moon when he beat Joe - who of course took it all in good spirits. It was a fantastic day.”
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
Fifteen legion players played sponsored pool matches for 24 hours to raise their own funds from noon while further money was raised with a host of other activities including a charity auction.