Woman, 23, grabbed by neck, dragged to floor, punchedand purse snatched -but attacker returns with purse, minus a tenner
- Credit: Archant
A man who attacked and robbed a woman in the early hours of Saturday returned – and handed back her purse, minus £10.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after the woman was knocked to the ground and robbed in King’s Lynn.
Investigating officer, Detective Constable Richard Moden, said: “The victim was left very distressed by the incident and immediately dialled 999.
“Unusually, during this time the robber returned to the scene, handing back the purse to the victim before leaving again. A £10 note had been taken from inside
The attack happened on Saturday shortly before 1.10am as the victim, a 27-year-old woman, walked along Hardings Way heading towards Friars Fleet when she noticed a man walking behind her.
You may also want to watch:
The man grabbed the victim by the neck and dragged her to the floor. During a struggle the victim was punched in the face suffering minor injuries. The robber snatched her purse from her handbag before running from the scene.
Police want to hear from anyone who may have been travelling in this area in the early hours of Saturday and may have noticed a man acting suspiciously.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Witnesses should contact DC Moden at King’s Lynn CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.