Woman, 71, injured after Fiat Punto collides with mobility scooter on A141
A WOMAN riding a mobility scooter was today injured in a collision with a car on a busy Fenland road - leaving a councillor to direct traffic.
The woman, 71, was crossing the A141 at Wimblington, at the junction of King Street, just after 4pm when she was involved in a collision with a Fiat Punto.
Councillor Rob Skoulding and another passer by took control of the vehicles travelling on the A141 near Wimblington whilst paramedics attended to the woman, from Hook, who suffered an ankle injury.
Cllr Skoulding was travelling home from Ely at the time of the incident. He said: “I was three cars back, around 400 yards away, when I saw the brake lights and a cloud of smoke and we all came to a halt.
“When I got out to see what had happened to see if I could help, there were nearly some more accidents. There were some near misses so myself and another gentleman decided to sort out the traffic until the police got to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily, a bus driver pulled up and handed me a flourescent jacket and drove off. He and the other gentlemen did their part for the community which was nice to see.
“It just shows that we have a strong community spirit round here.”
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
An East Of England Ambulance Trust spokesman said: “The woman has been taken to hospital after suffering non-life threatening injuries.” An off-duty police officer also helped out on the scene.