Woman,78, from Lincolnshire dies after two vehicle collision at Walpole Cross Keys near Wisbech
- Credit: Ian Burt
A woman died in a collision on the A17 at Walpole Cross Keys near Wisbech yesterday.
The road was closed for several hours in both directions after the crash that involved two cars.
Norfolk Police said the accident happened at around 1.30pm about half way between King’s Lynn and Sutton Bridge at the junction with Sutton Road near Walpole Cross Keys.
Police said the 78 year-old woman from Lincolnshire was driving a silver Mercedes which was in collision with a black BMW.
She had to be cut out of the car by firefighters and suffered multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The crash happened at 1.20pm on Sunday at the junction with Sutton Road.
The male driver of the BMW received minor back injuries and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at King’s Lynn for treatment.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
The A17 was closed for more than five hours
Anyone who saw the crash or witnessed the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident should contact Norfolk Constabulary’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
An East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust spokesman said an ambulance crew and two ambulance officers attended the scene.