Woman,78, from Lincolnshire dies after two vehicle collision at Walpole Cross Keys near Wisbech
- Credit: Ian Burt
A woman died in a collision on the A17 at Walpole Cross Keys near Wisbech yesterday.
The road was closed for several hours in both directions after the crash that involved two cars.
Norfolk Police said the accident happened at around 1.30pm about half way between King’s Lynn and Sutton Bridge at the junction with Sutton Road near Walpole Cross Keys.
Police said the 78 year-old woman from Lincolnshire was driving a silver Mercedes which was in collision with a black BMW.
She had to be cut out of the car by firefighters and suffered multiple injuries.
The crash happened at 1.20pm on Sunday at the junction with Sutton Road.
The male driver of the BMW received minor back injuries and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at King’s Lynn for treatment.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
The A17 was closed for more than five hours
Anyone who saw the crash or witnessed the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident should contact Norfolk Constabulary’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
An East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust spokesman said an ambulance crew and two ambulance officers attended the scene.