Woman, 90, suffers burns to hair and face in Fenland house fire

AN 90-YEAR-OLD woman was taken to hospital with burns to her hair and face after a house fire in Fenland on Sunday.

Crews from Chatteris and Manea were called to the blaze in Wimpole Street, Chatteris at 11.22am. Firefighters arrived and discovered that the fire had started in a pan in the kitchen after it had been left unattended.

The pan was taken off the heat before crews ventilated the property and returned to their station by 11.55am. The lady was taken by road to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter