Woman admits making more than 700 hoax calls to Cambs Police this Christmas
A WOMAN who made 800 malicious calls to police in December has pleaded guilty at court today.
Kerry Ann Moate appeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court after making 756 hoax 999 calls between Christmas Day and Boxing Day, and 44 hoax calls between December 11 and December 13.
Officers arrested her during the early hours of Tuesday and she was charged with two counts of persistently making use of public communication networks to cause annoyance/inconvenience or anxiety.
Sup Int Paul Fullwood said: “The sheer volume of malicious calls was extremely disruptive to the force at a time of year that is always busy for police.
“Every time someone misuses the 999 they are potentially putting others lives at risk. This is especially true when we receive a large number of nuisance calls as it impacts on how quickly other emergency calls are answered.
You may also want to watch:
“This behaviour is completely unacceptable and we will continue to actively pursue those who make malicious calls.”
The 18-year-old, of Samuel Jones Crescent, Little Paxton, will be sentenced next month.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k