Woman and a 10 year old girl in serious condition after they are knocked down by a hit and run suspected drug driver in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A woman and a 10 year old girl are in a serious condition in hospital after they were knocked down by a suspected drug driver who failed to stop in an incident on Bourges Boulevard, Peterborough.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision which happened at about 3.30pm in the city centre and involved two pedestrians and a Ford Focus.
Sergeant Boris Kahn said: “I would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have witnessed this collision. I would particularly like to speak to a motorcyclists who stopped at the scene.
“The driver of the vehicle, a 22-year-old man from Peterborough, has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving and failing to stop after a road collision.
“He has been bailed to Thorpe Wood police station on Sunday April 9.”
You may also want to watch:
The two pedestrians, a woman and a 10-year-old girl, were taken to Peterborough City Hospital with serious injuries.
The incident caused traffic tailbacks after one side of Bourges Boulevard was closed by police.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.