Woman and dog escape ‘accidental’ house fire in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A woman and her dog were rescued from their Chatteris home yesterday morning (April 25) after a fire started in the kitchen.
The Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service was called at around 11.30am to the house on Angood’s Lane.
One crew from Chatteris, one from March and a north roaming fire engine was dispatched.
A spokesman said: “The crews arrived to find a fire in the kitchen area of the house.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters rescued one female casualty and a dog from the house.
“The crews returned to their stations by 12.45pm.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”